What are the Legal Requirements for Marrying in Australia?

central coast wedding celebrant

A Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed and lodged at least one month prior to the date of your wedding. This can be lodged up to 18 months prior to your wedding. A Driver’s Licence or Passport showing ID is required.
 Before you can be married you must present your birth certificate and/or your current passport. An expired passport is acceptable. A cancelled passport is unacceptable.

wedding celebrant on the central coast

 You must be at least 18years of age. There is provision in special cases that allow the marriage of persons aged 16 years and over subject to the successful issue of a Court Order authorizing that the marriage may proceed.
If you have previously been married you must show your original (most recent) Decree Absolute or a Death Certificate of a previous spouse.

Overseas, Interstate or Regional Visitors

If you reside overseas, interstate or regionally I can email you the Notice of Intended Marriage form, with instructions on how to complete the form and have it signed by the relevant parties.
Once completed, this can be scanned and emailed to me. The day I receive the scanned Notice is the “lodgement date” – this will allow your Notice to be lodged in sufficient time for your wedding day.

central coast wedding celebrant

You can obtain a “Notice of Intended Marriage” form from me or at an Australian Embassy, Australian High Commission or on line at http://www.ag.gov.au/familiesandmarriage/marriage/documents/notice-of-intended-marriage.pdf
ALL documents mentioned above that are written in foreign languages MUST be translated into English by a Nationally Accredited Authority such as NAATI.

nsw wedding celebrant



 I can provide you with the all- important ‘Letter for Immigration’ which you will require if you are bringing your partner into Australia on a prospective spouse visa.
I am qualified to answer your marriage questions and always available to help you.
Just contact me and together we can begin the simple process of organising and lodging your marriage.

nsw central coast wedding celebrant